Twitter Ads campaigns 101
Twitter Ads are the perfect complement to organic content strategy. The promoted, paid content you create in your campaigns will appear as Promoted Ads and/or Follower Ads — all exposed to a broad audience of your choice for increased exposure and visibility. It's easy to get started.
Decide what the goal of your campaign is. Do you want to drive more link clicks? Drive up engagement?
Each of our campaign objectives are specialized to fit specific goals and serve each part of the marketing funnel. You'll only be charged when someone takes that action.
- Video views: Get people to watch your video. Pay for: video views (cost per view)
- Pre-roll views: Pair your ad with premium content. Pay for: views on your pre-roll (cost per view)
- App installs: Get more people to install your app. Pay for: impressions (recommended) or app clicks.
- Website traffic: Drive traffic to your website. Pay for: link clicks (cost per click)
- Engagements: Get more people to engage with your Tweet. Pay for: engagements (cost per engagement)
- Followers: Build a larger audience for your brand. Pay for: follows (cost per follow)
- App re-engagements: Get people to take action in your app. Pay for: app clicks (cost per app click)
Use our highly-advanced targeting features to narrow in on the audience you want to reach. You can filter by demographic and audience features, including follower look-alikes targeting, event targeting, interest and conversation targeting, re-engager targeting, or create your own custom audience list. View our campaign targeting page for a full list of our targeting options.
Twitter Ads serve to users by competing in an auction. You get to decide how much you pay for each billable action. During campaign setup, we'll recommend a bid based on the targeting parameters you've selected. Learn more about our auction system and bidding details.
The price of Twitter Ads is up to you; there’s no minimum campaign spend. You choose a daily budget for your ads during campaign setup, and we will never go over this amount. Set up your campaign dates and budget now.
Make sure to use strong media in your Tweets, such as visually-engaging photos and videos. Have 3-5 creative options in rotation at any given time for variety and to learn what your audience best responds to. Videos between 6-15 seconds long with captions and prominent branding perform best.
Accompany strong creative with even-stronger copy. Experiment with a witty, risky brand voice. Incorporate clear and concise calls-to-action and emphasize urgency. Accent with 1-2 appropriate and relevant hashtags and/or emojis. Get more best practices and tips on our blog.
Deep dive with campaigns
Learn the in's-and-out's of Twitter Ads campaigns