How can we help?
Start your Twitter Ads campaign
Twitter Ads campaigns 101
Twitter Ads are the perfect complement to organic content strategy. The promoted, paid content you create in your campaigns will appear as Promoted Tweets and/or Promoted Accounts — all exposed to a broad audience of your choice for increased exposure and visibility. It's easy to get started.
Decide what the goal of your campaign is. Do you want to drive more link clicks? Drive up engagement?
Each of our campaign objectives are specialized to fit specific goals, and you will only be charged when a user takes that action.
- Awareness: Promote your Tweets to maximize their reach. Pay for: Impressions (cost per 1,000 Tweet impressions)
- Tweet engagements: Put your content in front of the right audience who will likely start a conversation. Pay for: Tweet engagements (cost per engagement)
- Video views: Maximize the viewership of your video content. Pay for: video views (cost per view)
- Followers: Grow your followers on Twitter. Pay for: follows (cost per follow)
- Website clicks or conversions: Promote your website and get more traffic. Pay for: link clicks and Website Card clicks (cost per click)
- App install or re-engagement: Promote your app and get more downloads. Pay for: app installs, or app clicks and App Card clicks (cost per app click or cost per install)
Use our highly-advanced targeting features to narrow in on the audience you want to reach. You can filter by demographic and audience features, including follower look-alikes targeting, event targeting, interest and conversation targeting, re-engager targeting, or create your own tailored audience list. View our campaign targeting page for a full list of our targeting options.
Twitter Ads serve to users by competing in an auction. You get to decide how much you pay for each billable action. During campaign setup, we'll recommend a bid based on the targeting parameters you've selected. Learn more about our auction system and bidding details.
The price of Twitter Ads is up to you; there’s no minimum campaign spend. You choose a daily budget for your ads during campaign setup, and we will never go over this amount. Consider starting with at least $30/day to consistently reach audiences. Set up your campaign dates and budget now.
Make sure to use strong media in your Tweets, such as visually-engaging photos and videos. Have 3-5 creative options in rotation at any given time for variety and to learn what your audience best responds to. Videos between 6-15 seconds long with captions and prominent branding perform best.
Accompany strong creative with even-stronger copy. Experiment with a witty, risky brand voice. Incorporate clear and concise calls-to-action and emphasize urgency. Accent with 1-2 appropriate and relevant hashtags and/or emojis. Get more best practices and tips on our blog.
Deep dive with campaigns
Learn the in's-and-out's of Twitter Ads campaigns