Twitter Ads allow you to schedule both organic and Promoted-only Tweets to go live at a specific date and time. You can schedule Tweets within your ads account, up to a year in advance, and add them to new and existing campaigns. This feature is great for Tweets that need to be published on weekends, evenings, or other busy times when you don't have time to Tweet manually.
Watch this video for an overview on how to schedule organic and Promoted-only Tweets:
How to create scheduled Tweets
1. Log in to ads.twitter.com.
2. Navigate to the "Creatives" > "Tweets" tab.
3. Click on "New Tweet" in the top right corner.
- You'll be redirected to the Tweet Composer, where you can create your Tweet. Add your copy, photos, videos, and cards here.
4. Choose "Promoted-only" or not. Selecting "Promoted-only" will deliver your Tweet only to users targeted in a Promoted Ads campaign, not organically to your followers. Unselecting this will schedule an organic Tweet.
- You can only unselect "Promoted-only" when logged into your ads account.
5. Once you're finished, select the down arrow button next to "Tweet".
6. Choose "Schedule" from the drop-down menu.
7. Select the date and time you want your scheduled Tweet to go live.
Your Tweet won't be discoverable on Twitter or by any data partners until the date and time you scheduled.
Don't see the "Creatives" tab in your Ads Account? Scroll down to the FAQ at the bottom of this page for more information.
How to manage scheduled Tweets
- Log in to ads.twitter.com.
- Navigate to the "Creatives" > "Tweets" tab. Here you can view and create Promoted-only, scheduled, organic, or all Tweets in your campaigns.
- To view your scheduled Tweets, toggle the drop-down button that says "Promoted-only Tweets" and change it to "Scheduled Tweets". You will now see all Tweets that are currently scheduled. All management, including editing and deletion of scheduled Tweets, can be done here.
- To edit your scheduled Tweet, hover over the Tweet and click "Edit" on the lower left corner. Here you can edit your Tweet, delivery, promotion, and scheduling details. Click "Update scheduled Tweet" to save your changes.
- To delete a scheduled Tweet, click on the three dots at the top right corner of the Tweet and click "Delete" from the drop-down menu.
- To add or remove your scheduled Tweet from campaigns, check the box next to the Tweet and click "Add to campaigns". Select or remove the campaigns you'd like, and save.
Frequently asked questions
I can't find my "Creatives" tab
If you don't see the "Creatives", "Campaigns", or "Tools" tabs, this is likely because your account doesn't have a credit card on file. The "Creatives" tab and Tweet scheduling will appear after entering a credit card, but there is no spend required when you add a credit card.
After adding a credit card, you will have access to all cards, conversion tracking, custom audiences, and the ability to schedule and manage Tweets through the “Creatives” tab.
What timestamp will my Tweet have when it goes live?
Your scheduled Tweet will go live at the date and time you specified. Your new live Tweet will have the timestamp of that specified time.
Why does the Tweet ID change after the Tweet goes live?
When you create a scheduled Tweet, that Tweet is not yet live, meaning it doesn't appear anywhere in Twitter (except for your ads account). We give scheduled Tweets "Scheduled Tweet IDs" before they go live, so that our systems have a record of them. When your Tweet goes live at your specified date and time, it will be given a new Tweet ID, just as all Tweets on Twitter have.
Why can't I find my scheduled Tweet in my campaign dashboard?
Scheduled Tweets will only appear in your Ads Manager once the Tweet has gone live at the scheduled date and time you set.