7. Select the bid type you’d like to use in your Ad group. If you choose App installs as your Ad group objective, we recommend:
- Maximum bid: This type allows greater control over how much you pay per app click or install. In this bid type, you choose exactly how much you are willing to pay for either an app click or an install (your maximum bid), and your results will not be charged over this price. This bid type is helpful for experienced advertisers who know exactly how much they’re looking to pay per click or install at scale.
If you choose App clicks as your Ad group objective, we recommend:
- Target cost: You can name the bid you’d like to pay per app click or app install. Your campaign will then auto-optimize your bids to achieve a daily average cost per click or cost per install that meets or beats your target. You'll pay the actual average cost for all clicks during the day. If you change your bid over the course of a day, the bid will average between your new bid and the previous highest target cost set that day.
With either Ad group goal, you are also able to select:
- Automatic bid: Your bid will auto-optimize to get the best results at the lowest price (within your budget). Automatic bid is the easiest way to quickly get your campaigns live and serving impressions on the platform.
8. For App installs campaigns with the ‘Goal’ set to “App installs”, your ‘Pay by’ metric will default to “Impressions”. If your Goal is set to “App clicks”, your ‘Pay by’ metric will default to “App clicks”.
Note: 'Pay by impressions' is still rolling out and may not be available to you at this time.
9. Select your target audience in the "Targeting" tab. Learn more about our targeting options
10. Choose the Posts you'd like to use in your campaign. You can also customize the specific locations you'd like your Tweets to deliver across Twitter.
11. Review your final campaign setup on the "Review & Complete" tab. If you'd like to add additional ad groups to your campaign, you can do so here
12. Launch your app installs campaign!