Financial Products and Services
You can view available translations of this article by selecting a language in the bottom-right corner of this page. Translations are provided as a convenience, and are not meant to change the content of our policies. The English version will control and should be your reference in case of conflict between a translation and the English version.
This policy applies to Twitter’s paid advertising products.
What's the policy?
The advertising of financial products and services is restricted and subject to certain globally applicable rules. For restrictions which may be applicable per jurisdiction, please refer to the country specific policies section below. Please note that this list is not exhaustive.
The advertising of the following is prohibited globally:
- Payday loans, cash loans, and P2P
- Cryptocurrency initial coin offerings (ICOs)
- Cryptocurrency token sales
- Binary options
- Bail bonds
The advertising of the following is restricted globally (please note that this list is not exhaustive):
- Banking services and banking institutions
- Loan products and services
- Mobile and electronic payments
- Mortgages and related services, including debt relief or assistance services
- Investment advice, investment opportunities, and offers to increase wealth
- Insurance products and services
- Currency exchange, trading, and related services
- Cryptocurrency exchanges*
- Cryptocurrency "hot" wallets*
*Cryptocurrency exchanges and/or cryptocurrency wallet services provided by a public company listed on a major stock market may target permitted countries subject to local laws. Contact Twitter if you are interested in these options.
Advertisement for financial products and services must:
- Comply with all applicable laws, provide necessary disclosures, balanced information of risks and benefits, and all information that must be provided to the investor
- Be clearly identified as financial services
- Indicate the nature and specific type of financial service
How does this policy vary from country to country?
Advertisements for financial services and related content are permitted only when targeting the countries below:
- Africa and Middle East: Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Kuwait, Morocco, Nigeria, Oman*, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Zambia
- Asia Pacific: Australia, Hong Kong*, India, Indonesia, Japan*, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Russia, Singapore*, South Korea*, Thailand
- Europe: Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Finland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Macedonia, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Serbia, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, Turkey, UK and jurisdictions, Ukraine
- Latin America: Argentina, Aruba, The Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Curacao, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Trinidad & Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela
- North America: Canada, U.S.
*Advertisers targeting these countries are only allowed with prior authorization from Twitter. Contact Twitter if you are interested in this option.
The following are additional restrictions on financial products and services that apply for certain countries:
- Advertisers wishing to promote securities products must hold licenses from the appropriate licensing authorities.
- Advertisers may only target Colombia if their business is based in Colombia.
- Promotion of insurance products and services is prohibited.
- Financial aggregators are prohibited.
- Contact Twitter if you are interested in these options.
- Promotion of securities is prohibited.
- For banking, securities, foreign exchange, virtual currency exchange trading, and insurance, advertisers must be authorized by the Financial Services Agency. Credit card advertisers must be members of the Japan Consumer Credit Association. These advertisers are allowed with prior authorization from Twitter.
- Financial aggregators are restricted.
- Contact Twitter if you are interested in these options
- Money service business or information which may lead directly or indirectly to a transaction relating to a money services business is prohibited.
- Promotion of securities and investment schemes are prohibited.
- Promotion of any form of financial speculation, intended to promote or attract interest in stocks and shares is prohibited, except for ads related to newly approved IPOs.
- Advertisers can only target Mexico if their business is based in Mexico.
Promotion of securities is prohibited.
- Advertisements targeting Russia must be in the Russian language.
- Promotion of moneylender services (except those provided by entities authorized by the Monetary Authority of Singapore) is prohibited.
Promotion of banking, capital markets or securities, insurance, and financial advisory products or services must be authorized by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
- These advertisers are only allowed with prior authorization from Twitter.
- Contact Twitter if you are interested in this option.
- Advertisements targeting Slovenia must be in the Slovenian language.
- Credit, lending, financial investment, and insurance service advertisers must be authorized by a competent local authority or the Financial Supervisory Service. These advertisers are allowed with prior authorization from Twitter.
- Contact Twitter if you are interested in this option.
- Advertisers may only target Venezuela if their business is based in Venezuela.
What do advertisers need to know about this policy?
Review our guidelines and make sure you understand the requirements for your brand and business. You are responsible for all your promoted content on Twitter. This includes complying with applicable laws and regulations regarding advertisements.
If you are an advertiser whose account or Tweets are under review and you would like to check on the status or request an expedited review, please log in to ads.twitter.com and file a support ticket using the Help button in the top right corner of your ads dashboard.