You can view available translations of this article by selecting a language in the bottom-right corner of this page. Translations are provided as a convenience, and are not meant to change the content of our policies. The English version will control and should be your reference in case of conflict between a translation and the English version.
What is subject to this policy?
This prohibition applies to the ad, the landing page, the username, handle, bio, profile photo, and header image of the advertiser account. It also applies to targeting and hashtag appropriation.
This policy applies to Twitter’s paid advertising products.
What is the policy?
Twitter prohibits ads that contain inappropriate content globally. While all content on Twitter is subject to the Twitter Rules, we place additional restrictions on advertising content.
Categories of content we consider to be inappropriate for advertising include:
- Dangerous or exploitative content
- Demeaning or inflammatory content
- Personal attacks
- Misrepresentative content
- Misleading synthetic or manipulated content
- Content engaged in coordinated harmful activity
- Distasteful content
- Profanity and vulgarity
- Content that promotes claims or services attempting to change a person’s sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
- Content that refers to a sensitive event or topic (e.g. deaths, natural/industrial disasters, violent attacks, civil disorder, etc.) and contains any of the following: personal attacks, hashtag appropriation, the selling of goods/services, solicitation of followers, or other inappropriate content. See also Eligibility Policy on Sensitive Events.
What other Twitter resources relate to this policy?
- Hateful Content Policy
- Political Content Policy
- Counterfeit Goods policy
- Healthcare Policy
- Unacceptable business practices policy
- Quality policy
What do advertisers need to know about this policy?
Review our guidelines and make sure you understand the requirements for your brand and business. You are responsible for all your promoted content on Twitter. This includes complying with applicable laws and regulations regarding advertisements.
If you are an advertiser whose account or Tweets are under review and you would like to check on the status or request an expedited review, please log in to ads.twitter.com and file a support ticket using the Help button in the top right corner of your ads dashboard.