What is subject to this policy?
This prohibition applies to the ad, the landing page, the username, handle, bio, profile photo, and header image of the advertiser account. It also applies to targeting and hashtag appropriation.
This policy applies to Twitter’s paid advertising products.
What is the policy?
Twitter prohibits ads that contain inappropriate content globally. While all content on Twitter is subject to the Twitter Rules, we place additional restrictions on advertising content.
Categories of content we consider to be inappropriate for advertising include:
- Dangerous or exploitative content
- Demeaning or inflammatory content
- Personal attacks
- Misrepresentative content
- Misleading synthetic or manipulated content
- Content engaged in coordinated harmful activity
- Distasteful content
- Profanity and vulgarity
- Content that refers to a sensitive event or topic (e.g. deaths, natural/industrial disasters, violent attacks, civil disorder, etc.) and contains any of the following: personal attacks, hashtag appropriation, the selling of goods/services, political campaigning, solicitation of followers, or other inappropriate content.