This policy applies to monetization on X and X’s paid advertising products.
What's the policy?
X prohibits the promotion of fraudulent and deceptive content globally. Advertisements are prohibited from promoting the following:
- Ads must not promote products or services using deceptive marketing or misrepresentative business practices. Examples include:
- Use of clickbait tactics, where the primary purpose is to drive users to a landing page through exaggerated, sensationalized, inaccurate language or calls-to-action.
- Use of misleading tactics or claims during the promotion of a product or service.
- Promotion of offers or deals that are not available or omitting vital information on pricing, payment terms, or expenses the customer will incur.
- Ads must not promote content that is associated with fraudulent or scam-like behavior. Examples include:
- Tricking users into sending money or sharing personal information without a tangible product or service.
- Offering cash gifts.
- Promoting financial scams such as: “get rich quick”, multi-level marketing, pyramid, loan modification, penny stocks, NFTs, Altcoins, or binary option schemes. (see Financial Products and Services for more information)
- Ads must not contain content that promises or suggests unjustified opportunities or results. Examples include:
- Promoting unrealistic claims, results within a specific period, or health or economic opportunities.
- Promoting claims or services attempting to change a person’s sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
- Ads must not engage in cloaking tactics, otherwise restricting landing page access, or modifications to URL content following submission to circumvent the review process.
Non-existent Features or Functionality
- Ads must not contain content with non-existent features or functionality. Examples include:
- Mimicking X-like features where the functionality does not exist.
- Containing excessive redirects on landing pages.
- Containing non-functional features or calls-to-action in the ad creative.
What other X resources relate to this policy?
Illegal products and services
Financial Services Policy
What do advertisers need to know about this policy?
Review our guidelines and make sure you understand the requirements for your brand and business. You are responsible for all your promoted content on X. This includes complying with applicable laws and regulations regarding advertisements.
If you are an advertiser whose account or posts are under review and you would like to check on the status or request an expedited review, please log in to ads.x.com and file a support ticket using the Help button in the top right corner of your ads dashboard.