How can we help?
Start your campaign.
Tailored Audiences from mobile apps
Tailored Audiences from mobile apps, one of three types of Tailored Audiences, are built from mobile app events that are provided from a mobile tracking partner. Users who have taken a specific action in your app, such as install or sign up, are then added to the Tailored Audience which you can then retarget in campaigns. To set up Tailored Audiences from mobile apps, you must be working with a mobile app conversion tracking partner.
This precise targeting option is a great way to leverage existing app users and drive in-app conversions.
Create your Tailored Audience from mobile apps
You must have mobile app conversion tracking integrated with your ads account, which can be done in the Tools < Conversion Tracking tab under "Mobile app events".
- Make sure your mobile tracking partner is correctly integrated to your ads account. Consult your tracking partner's documention for setup.
- Create a Mobile app event in your tracking partner dashboard. Once you've created this, it will automatically send to your Twitter Ads account. You will not create your Mobile event in your Twitter Ads account.
- Confirm the event you created is showing in the Twitter Ads Tools < Conversion Tracking tab.
- If all of the above are correct, your Tailored Audience from mobile app will automatically populate in your Audience manager under the Tailored Audience tab.
Until your Tailored Audience from mobile apps has collected 100 Twitter users, it will show as "Audience too small" in your Audience manager. Your Audience will change to "Ready" once it's large enough, after which you can use it for targeting in campaigns.
Using your Tailored Audience from mobile apps
Once your audience is "Ready" you may select it for targeting in your campaigns.
To target the users on your Tailored Audiences within your campaign, navigate to the Targeting section of campaign setup.
Click "Browse" next to each audience type to find and select the Tailored Audience you want to target.
Keep in mind that even though all Tailored Audiences show up, only those in "Ready" serving status will properly target users in your campaign.
FAQs for TA's from mobile apps
My audience isn't appearing in my Twitter Ads accountArrow down icon
Tailored Audiences from mobile apps require you to work with one of our mobile tracking partners. You'll need to link your Twitter Ads account to your mobile tracking partner through that tracking partner's documentation. If you're having troubles we recommend reaching out to their support team, as unfortunately Twitter Ads Support cannot assist on linking accounts to mobile conversion partners.
What mobile conversion tracking partners can I work with?Arrow down icon
How do I build a flexible audience?Arrow down icon
Flexible audiences allow you to combine multiple Tailored Audiences from mobile apps, and set time conditions on them. They allow you to target hyper relevant user buckets, helping you drive your app's final action. Please note you can not create Flexible audiences out of non-mobile app Tailored audiences.
- Go to Tools < Audience manager and choose "Build a flexible audience".
- Fill out the conditions you'd like. You can choose from your existing Mobile App Events, combining or excluding them.
- Create your flexible audience!
How do I change whether audience collection is enabled for an existing mobile app event?Arrow down icon
In the Mobile app events tab of the Conversion Tracking page, you can see whether or not audience collection is enabled for each event in the remarketing settings column. Click "Edit" for the event you would like to change, and in the remarketing settings section, select or deselect the “create a tailored audience” checkbox.