1. Create your List file in an accepted format. Supported file formats are .csv, .tsv, and .xt.
2. Add your user identifiers. Supported identifiers include email address and phone numbers. The identifiers on your list can be separated by lines or commas.
- Email Format: Text can be any case, remove all spaces (e.g. email@example.com)
- Phone Number Format: Please use e.164 format, remove all spaces (e.g. +16175551212)
3. Prepare for upload. Navigate to your “Audiences” manager page under the drop-down “Tools” menu on ads.x.com. On this page, click "Create audience" then select “Do not reach list” from the “Choose an audience type” pop-up module.
4. Add your list. Set an audience description (optional) then drag and drop or browse and upload your file via the noted section. Press “Next” when your file appears in the upload box.
5. Review & define your data. Once your file has completed an initial upload, you will be asked to review the data and define the type of identifier that is being used for matching. If you are using multiple identifiers, you will be asked to specify the identifier type for each column. For any extraneous columns, select the “Do not upload data” option.
6. Wait for upload. Don’t close or minimize the browser window while the file is uploading, and only upload one file at a time. For larger files, make sure that you have a reliable and fast internet connection. If files are over 4GB, we recommend segmenting the list into multiple, smaller uploads to avoid exceeding your brower’s upload limits.