How can we help?
Contact our Twitter Ads Support team.
Create your Twitter Ads campaign.
Ads account creation
Your Twitter Ads account is connected to your Twitter handle. To make an ads account, first log in to Twitter.com and go to ads.twitter.com. There you can set up your ads account, where you will be able to promote Tweets from that handle.
A Twitter Ads account is how you can set up, run, and analyze Promoted Tweet campaigns on Twitter. You must sign up for a Twitter Ads account at ads.twitter.com, after which you'll have a Twitter Ads account in addition to your organic account.
Your Twitter Ads account is linked to the handle you create it from. For example, if you have a personal Twitter account and a business Twitter account, log in to your business Twitter account and go to ads.twitter.com. From there, you can sign up for Twitter Ads and promote content on behalf of your business Twitter. Ads will show up as being "Promoted" from the handle of your Twitter Ads account.
Keep in mind there is no difference in the account creation process for Twitter accounts for personal use and Twitter accounts for business use. The difference is how you decide to use your Twitter account.
Learn more about creating a new Twitter account.
Create your Twitter Ads account
In order to create a Twitter Ads account, your Twitter account must comply with our rules and policies.
1. Go to Twitter.com.
2. Log in to the account that you want to promote Tweets from. This is the handle that your Twitter Ads account will be created for.
3. Once logged in, go to ads.twitter.com.
4. You'll be able to choose between two promotion options:
- I want to automatically promote my Tweets. This option will lead you to sign up for Twitter Promote Mode, our automatic promotion program.
- I want to launch a Twitter Ads campaign. This option will lead you to set up and manage our objective-based campaigns.
5. Select your country and time zone. Select the country whose currency you'd like to be billed in, and the time zone you'd like your campaign results to show up in. You cannot change these values once you've created your account.
6. You'll be brought to the campaign setup form or Twitter Promote Mode setup, depending on your choice at step 4.
Secure your Twitter account
Account security is vital for advertisers. Our account security page provides full instructions for protecting your account. Here are some best practices:
- Link your account to a company domain email address. This will allow us to help if you ever need a password reset.
- The passwords for your login email address and your Twitter account should be strong and unique.
- Use login verification.
- Always make sure the URL is Twitter.com before entering your account information (email or password).
- Only authorize recognized applications and keep track of your account’s connections at your account applications page.
Twitter Ads checklist
1. Know the username and password for your Twitter Ads account.
2. Designate a point-person with the authority to create and manage campaigns. If you're looking to have multiple people run and manage ads within your ads account, please read our page on multi-user login.
3. Make sure your profile is in top form by checking the following:
- Your profile picture and header photos. Is your proﬁle photo recognizable? Does your header photo represent your business? Customize them to showcase the personality of your business here.
- Your bio. Make sure to include the name of your business, location, and website URL. Be sure to explain what you do in a clear and informative way.
4. Learn how others have used Twitter Ads to drive business results in our advertiser success stories.
5. Follow @TwitterBusiness for relevant updates.
Get started with campaigns
Learn the in's and out's of campaigns on Twitter Ads:
Ads account creation FAQs
I can't create an ads accountArrow down icon
In order to create a Twitter Ads account, you must comply with two sets of policies:
- Your Twitter account must comply with our rules and policies. If you need login support to your Twitter account, file a request to the support team here.
- Your Twitter Ads account must comply with our Twitter Ads policies.
I can't log into my ads accountArrow down icon
In order to login to your Twitter Ads account, you must comply with two sets of policies:
I have a question about account verificationArrow down icon
Verification happens on the Twitter account level. You can submit a request to verify an account by clicking here and the appropriate team will respond to your request. Please note that the Twitter Ads Support team is not responsible for account verification and will not be able to assist in the process.
If you are working with a dedicated account manager, please have your account manager submit your account through the appropriate channel. You can find out more information about the verification process here.
How can I change the country, time zone, or currency of my ads account?Arrow down icon
Once set, the country, time zone, and currency of an ads account cannot be changed. Please submit a support ticket at ads.twitter.com/help with your Twitter handle and request a new ads account to be created.
Please note in your new ads account:
- You will need to add a new payment method. See here for more information about using credit or debit cards for Twitter Ads. See here for more information about insertion orders and credit lines.
- Existing campaigns are not automatically copied over to the new ads account. Please use the Ads Editor for bulk import/export.
- The account owner must request and authorize the new ads account creation.