How can we help?
Can't find what you're looking for? Get in contact with our Twitter Ads Support team.
Create your Twitter Ads campaign.
Ads account creation
Your Twitter Ads account is connected to your Twitter @handle. To make an ads account, first log in to your @handle on Twitter.com and then go to ads.twitter.com in your browser. There you can set up your ads account, where you will be able to promote Tweets from that @handle.
What is an ads account?
A Twitter Ads account is how advertisers set up, run, and analyze promoted Tweet campaigns on Twitter. You must sign up for a Twitter Ads account at ads.twitter.com, after which you will have a Twitter Ads account in addition to your Twitter.com "organic" account.
Your Twitter Ads account is linked to the @handle that you create it from. For example, if you have a personal Twitter account and a business Twitter account, login to your business Twitter account on twitter.com, then go to ads.twitter.com. From there you'll be able to sign up for Twitter Ads and promote content on behalf of your business Twitter @handle. Ads will show up as being 'Promoted' from the @handle of your Twitter Ads account.
Keep in mind there is no difference in the account creation process for Twitter accounts for personal use and Twitter accounts for business use. The difference is how you decide to use your Twitter account.
To learn more about creating a new Twitter.com account, refer to this article.
Create your Twitter Ads account
In order to create a Twitter Ads account, your Twitter.com account must comply with our Twitter rules and policies.
- Go to Twitter.com
- Log into the @handle account that you would like to promote Tweets from. This is the @handle that your Twitter Ads account will be created for
- Once logged in, type ads.twitter.com in your browser window
- You'll be able to choose between two promotion options:
- You'll then select your Country and Time zone. Select the country whose currency you'd like to be billed in and the time zone you'd like your campaign results to show up in. You cannot change these values once you've created your account.
- You'll be brought to the campaign setup form or Twitter promote mode setup depending on your choice at step 4
- Start your campaign and enter billing information to complete your ads account creation!
Secure your Twitter account
Account security is vital for advertisers. Our Securing Your Account page provides full instructions for protecting your account. Here are the most essential best practices:
- Link your account to a company domain email address. This will allow us to help if you ever need a password reset.
- The passwords for your login email address and your Twitter account should be strong and unique.
- Use Login Verification.
- Always make sure the URL is Twitter.com before entering your account information (email or password).
- Only authorize recognized applications and keep track of your account’s connections at your Account applications page.
Twitter Ads checklist
- Know the username & password for the Twitter account you’ll be creating your ads account out of.
- Designate a point-person with the authority to create and manage campaigns. If you're looking to have multiple people run and manage ads within your ads account, please read our page on Multi-User Login.
- Make sure your Twitter @handle profile is in top form, check over the following:
- Your profile picture. Is your proﬁle picture recognizable? Does it represent your business? Change these settings here.
- Your bio. Make sure to include the name of your business, location and website URL. Be sure to explain what you do in a clear and informative way.
- Your header/background. Both are customizable. Use these to showcase the personality of your business.
- Learn how others have used Twitter Ads to drive business results at business.twitter.com/success-stories.
- Follow @TwitterBusiness and @TwitterMktg for relevant updates.
Get started with campaigns
Learn the in's and out's of campaigns on Twitter Ads:
Ads account creation FAQs
I can't create an ads accountArrow down icon
In order to create a Twitter Ads account, you must comply with two sets of policies:
I can't log into my ads accountArrow down icon
In order to login to your Twitter Ads account, you must comply with two sets of policies:
I have a question on verificationArrow down icon
Verification happens on the Twitter account level. You can submit a request to verify an account by clicking here and the appropriate team will respond to your request. Please note that the Twitter Ads Support team is not responsible for account verification and will not be able to assist in the process.
If you are working with a dedicated account manager, please have your account manager submit your account through the appropriate channel. You can find out more information about the verification process here.
How can I change the timezone or currency of my ads account?Arrow down icon
Timezone and currency cannot be changed once you've created your ads account. Please contact our Twitter Ads support team at ads.twitter.com/help and request a new ads account to be generated, where you can choose your prefered timezone and currency.
Please note, in your new ads account:
- You will need to add a payment method
- Existing campaigns are not carried over
- The account owner must request and confirm new account creation
- Your new ads account will be subject to Ads policy review, taking up to 2 weeks