How to get certified as a cause-based advertiser
As part of our cause-based advertising policy, Twitter requires that advertisers promoting content that educate, raise awareness, and/or call for people to take action in connection with civic engagement, economic growth, environmental stewardship, or social equity causes to go through a certification process.
To get started, submit an application here. Note that you must have an advertiser account to get certified. You must be logged in to the @username you wish to certify.
Before applying check that the submitted @username adheres to the following eligibility requirements:
Profile photo, header photo, and website must be consistent with the @username's online presence
Bio must include a website that provides valid contact info
If @username is not related to the certified entity, the bio must include the following disclaimer: "Owned by [certified entity name]"
What will I need to get certified?
We will need different information based on who you are:
- Name of person submitting the application on behalf of the agency
- Level of government
Organizations / non-governmental organizations
- Name of person submitting the application on behalf of the organization
- Company ID, Tax ID (EIN) or (ITIN), or VAT identification number
- Certificate of incorporation, or tax registration certificate
- U.S. only - If you are a charitable organization and/or under tax exempt status, you must provide the organization’s 501(c)(3) determination letter or affirmation letter .
Advertisers need to have access to the email address linked to the @username from which they are applying.
What happens after I apply for certification?
We will review your application and inform you via email on next steps.
Read through our cause-based advertising FAQs.