Weapons and weapon accessories
You can view available translations of this article by selecting a language in the bottom-right corner of this page. Translations are provided as a convenience, and are not meant to change the content of our policies. The English version will control and should be your reference in case of conflict between a translation and the English version.
What's the policy?
Twitter prohibits the promotion of weapons and weapon accessories globally.
What products or services are subject to this policy?
This policy applies, but is not limited, to:
- Guns, airsoft guns, air guns, blow guns, and rifles
- Gun parts and accessories: mounts, grips, magazines, and ammunition.
- Explosives, bombs and bomb-making supplies/equipment
- Fireworks and pyrotechnic devices
- Knives that could be used to inflict harm, including, but not limited to:
- butterfly knives (e.g., balisongs)
- fighting knives
- disguised knives (e.g., air gauge, belt buckle, lipstick, and writing pen knives)
- throwing stars
What products or services are not subject to this policy?
This policy generally does not apply to:
- Bows and arrows, crossbows
- Hunting equipment and accessories other than weapons, such as sights, scopes, belts, holsters, slings, clothing and decoys
- Stun guns, mace, and other similar self-defense products
- Camping knives, kitchen knives, and other similar utility knives
- News and information about weapons e.g. provided by blogs, news sites, defense manufacturers.
- Gun classes and ranges that do not sell weapons or ammunition
- Martial arts equipment and accessories
- Non-working guns and swords promoted as collector’s items
How does this policy vary from country to country?
This policy applies to Twitter Ads in all countries. The following country-specific guidelines provide further examples of ads prohibited on the Twitter Ads Platform.
- Replica and imitation weapons may not be promoted or sold to children.
- Weapons training and classes are prohibited.
- Stun guns may not be promoted or sold.
What do advertisers need to know about this policy?
Review our guidelines and make sure you understand the requirements for your brand and business. You are responsible for all your promoted content on Twitter. This includes complying with applicable laws and regulations regarding advertisements.
Have questions or feedback about something on this page?
If you are an advertiser whose account or Tweets are under review and you would like to check on the status or request an expedited review, please log in to ads.twitter.com and file a support ticket using the Help? button in the top right corner of your ads dashboard.
If you are interested in advertising on Twitter and want to learn more, please visit business.twitter.com.