Prohibited Content for Minors
You can view available translations of this article by selecting a language in the upper-right corner of this page. Translations are provided as a convenience, and are not meant to change the content of our policies. The English version will control and should be your reference in case of conflict between a translation and the English version.
This policy applies to Twitter’s paid advertising products.
What's the policy?
Twitter prohibits knowingly marketing or advertising the following products and services to minors:
- Alcoholic beverages and related accessories
- Weapons, ammunition, or weapons training/certification
- Projectile, BB, or pellet guns/devices*
- Aerosol paint or etching cream capable of defacing property
- Tobacco products or accessories, including electronic cigarettes*
- Any controlled substance or paraphernalia*
- Drug paraphernalia*
- Any substance or material containing Salvia divinorum or Salvinorin A*
- Dietary supplement products
- Tanning in an ultraviolet tanning device
- Gambling products and services, including lotteries
- Body branding such as tattooing, body piercing, or permanent cosmetics
- Sexual products and services, or content that is adult in nature
Please note that asterisked items are prohibited from advertising on Twitter overall.
What do advertisers need to know about this policy?
Review our guidelines and make sure you understand the requirements for your brand and business. You are responsible for all your promoted content on Twitter. This includes complying with applicable laws and regulations regarding advertisements.
If you are an advertiser whose account or Tweets are under review and you would like to check on the status or request an expedited review, please log in to ads.twitter.com and file a support ticket using the Help button in the top right corner of your ads dashboard.