You can view available translations of this article by selecting a language in the bottom-right corner of this page. Translations are provided as a convenience, and are not meant to change the content of our policies. The English version will control and should be your reference in case of conflict between a translation and the English version.
This policy applies to Twitter’s paid advertising products.
What's the policy?
To ensure that users have a positive experience on Twitter, advertisements must adhere to the following editorial guidelines:
User Bio URL
Advertisers must include a functioning URL in their bio. This cannot be a link to their Twitter profile.
Content, clarity, and accuracy
- Ads should represent the brand or product being promoted.
- Ads cannot mislead users into opening content by including exaggerated or sensationalized language or misleading calls to action.
- The destination URL’s primary purpose cannot be advertising; it should contain quality, original content and be directly relevant to what is advertised in the ad copy.
- The destination URL must link to a working page and should be compliant with all ads policies.
- The destination URL should not contain disruptive pop ups, automatic downloads, or fake functionality.
- Ad text should use proper grammar and spelling.
- Excessive use of capitalization, punctuation, or symbols is prohibited.
- Avoid punctuation, symbols, and spaces in hashtags.
- Advertisers must include a profile photo and header image on their profile page.
- Avoid images that are gimmicky, misleading, excessively cropped, or which are otherwise of low editorial quality.
- Video in Twitter Ads must be uploaded in a format as specified on the creative tool page.
- Video and audio in Twitter Ads must be of clear quality, the information and media appearing in the content must be clearly understandable.
- Video content should be suitable for all users.
What do advertisers need to know about this policy?
Review our guidelines and make sure you understand the requirements for your brand and business. You are responsible for all your promoted content on Twitter. This includes complying with applicable laws and regulations regarding advertisements.
If you are an advertiser whose account or Tweets are under review and you would like to check on the status or request an expedited review, please log in to ads.twitter.com and file a support ticket using the Help button in the top right corner of your ads dashboard.