What’s the policy?
Our brand safety policy builds upon the foundation laid by the Twitter Rules to promote a safe advertising experience for all users and brands. This policy informs the context in which we serve ads, and includes, but is not limited to:
- Adult Sexual Content
- Copyright and trademark
- Hate or Extremist Content
- Profanity & Offensive Language
- Restricted and Illegal Products and Services
- Sensitive Content
- Spam, deceptive, and malicious content
- Violent, Objectionable or Graphic Content
In addition to our Brand Safety policies, which help inform ad placement on Twitter, we also have Advertising Policies that determine permissible content in ads and conduct of advertisers on Twitter. Learn more about our Ads Policies here.
How does this policy apply to content monetized through Amplify Pre-Roll?
The guidelines outlined in the following categories include examples of content not eligible for monetization through the Amplify Pre-Roll Publisher Program. These guidelines apply to all aspects of monetized content, including but not limited to tweet text, video content, audio, and captions.
Adult sexual content
Content in which the focal point is considered adult or provocative, sexually suggestive, or that includes nudity is not eligible for monetization through Amplify Pre-Roll. This includes graphic adult imagery, activities, or explicit discussions of adult content.
Copyright and trademark
Content that may infringe on others’ intellectual property rights, or that promotes the sale of counterfeit goods, is not eligible for monetization.
Hate or Extremist Content
Content that could be considered inflammatory or incendiary in nature is not eligible for monetization. Content that harasses, shames, or insults an individual or group on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, caste, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, medical/genetic condition, status as a veteran, status as a refugee, or status as an immigrant is not eligible for monetization. The above guidelines also apply to content in a newsworthy context.
Profanity and offensive language
Profanity, including excessive censored profanity, or language intended to insult others is not eligible for monetization.
Restricted and illegal products and services
Content focused on illegal or restricted products and services, such as recreational drugs, tobacco, alcohol, gambling, and weapons is not eligible for monetization. This may include discussions in a newsworthy context and incidental depictions of the aforementioned restricted and illegal products.
Content that focuses on, depicts, or discusses sensitive events such as natural disasters, mentions of death (including high-profile deaths), political uprisings, terrorist attacks, or other mass casualty events is not eligible for monetization. The above guidelines also apply to content in a newsworthy context, including in relation to time-sensitive events and real-world tragedies. Additionally, content that is considered false or misleading under the Twitter Rules is not eligible for monetization.
Spam, deceptive, and malicious content
All publishers that monetize via Amplify Publisher Program must comply with Twitter’s platform manipulation and spam rules and policies.
Violent, objectionable & graphic content
Content that is considered violent, gruesome, bloody, or shocking is not eligible for monetization. This includes discussions/imagery in a newsworthy context and incidental depictions of violence and/or death.
The above guidelines on violent, offensive, and graphic content should be considered when monetizing all content including, but not limited to, the following categories:
- Fantasy and fictional violence
- Obnoxious/crude behavior, including visible intoxication
- Educational and scientific imagery
- Violent video games (gameplay with dismemberment, graphic headshots, blood splatters, and ‘hack-and-slash’ action) are not eligible for monetization through Amplify pre-roll
- Tip: we recommend turning off blood effects in-game where possible when monetizing through the Amplify Pre-Roll program
- Animals, including content that depicts or discusses harm to animals
As it relates to Amplify Pre-Roll Publisher Program monetization specifically, video formats and content that are not eligible for monetization include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Short, looping video that displays the same segment multiple times.
- This applies to GIFs, slideshows of images, strobing images, and static videos with no motion.
- Short, clipped segments that are excessively uploaded, published, and monetized.
- Voice Tweets and audio recordings with no video/imagery.
For additional guidance on the Amplify Pre-Roll Publisher Program, including account eligibility criteria and information on how these policies are enforced, click here.