URL Requirements for Advertising
You can view available translations of this article by selecting a language in the bottom-right corner of this page. Translations are provided as a convenience, and are not meant to change the content of our policies. The English version will control and should be your reference in case of conflict between a translation and the English version.
Why does Twitter have URL requirements for advertising?
Twitter globally prohibits the promotion of URLs (links) within promoted content that create a disruptive or misleading user experience. These requirements are in place to ensure that users have a positive user experience with ads on Twitter.
What are the requirements?
Twitter’s URL requirements include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Your URLs must be valid and may not lead to non-functioning sites or error pages.
- Your URLs may not include excessive redirects.
- Your URLs may not generate pop-ups or pop-unders.
- Your URL may not lead to a page that requires a user to sign in to view the landing page content.
- You may not change the end destination or landing page of your URLs after you have promoted them.
- Your URL may not require the user to view the content in a separate software or program.
How does this policy vary from country to country?
This policy applies to Twitter Ads in all countries.
What other Twitter resources relate to this policy?
What do advertisers need to know about this policy?
Check the links in your campaign regularly to ensure that they remain valid and in accordance with our requirements. You are responsible for all your promoted content on Twitter. This includes complying with applicable laws and regulations regarding advertisements.
Have questions or feedback about something on this page?
If you are an advertiser whose account or Tweets are under review and you would like to check on the status or request an expedited review, click here to file a support ticket.
If you are interested in advertising on Twitter and want to learn more, please visit business.twitter.com.