Twitter Ads Policy Update Log
This page records updates to Twitter Ads Policies. It may also include updates about Twitter that are relevant to ads policy, like an update to our webforms or a new account setting for advertisers. Twitter’s Ad Policy teams provide this resource as a courtesy, in the spirit of being transparent about why and how our policies evolve.
Not every change will be recorded here. For example, grammatical and structural changes might not always be listed. Policy updates prohibiting or permitting a certain business model, or the addition of new country-specific policies, will typically be listed.
We encourage anyone to bookmark this page, in addition to our Twitter Ads Policies, in order to stay in tune with the latest around advertising policy on Twitter.
The following updates are documented in our Ads Policies in English presently, and will be available in translations shortly.
- Gambling Content: Promotion of gambling is no longer permitted in Greece and Portugal.
- Gambling Content: Lotteries are now permitted to advertise in the U.S. These advertisers are only allowed with prior authorization from Twitter.
- Financial services policy for Australia has been updated.
- Health and pharmaceutical products and services: Advertisers are permitted to advertise over-the-counter medicines to Russia in the Russian language.
- Advertising Policies in Serbia have been updated for several categories: Alcohol content, Financial services, Gambling content, Health and pharmaceutical products and services, Illegal Products & Services, and Political campaigning.
- Advertising Policies in Bosnia and Herzegovina have been updated for Financial services and Gambling content.
- Advertising policy in Canada has been updated for Gambling content.
- Health and pharmaceutical products and services policy has been updated for France, Ireland, UK, U.S., Spain, Germany, Italy, Netherlands and Turkey.
- Financial services policy for mobile and electronic payments has been updated.
- Gambling content: policies for Australia, Czech Republic, Ireland, Italy, France, South Africa, Spain and the UK have been updated.
- Advertising Policies in Croatia have been updated for several categories: Alcohol content, Financial services, Gambling content, Health and pharmaceutical products and services and Political campaigning.
- Health and pharmaceutical products and services policy for Japan has been updated for over-the-counter (“OTC”) medications.
- Alcohol content policy for the U.S. has been updated.
- Financial services policy for Canada has been updated.
- Health and pharmaceutical products and services policy for Australia has been updated.
- Twitter has a new policy for Spyware & Illegal Hacking
- Health and pharmaceutical products and services policies for Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and Panama have been updated.
Updates to our Ads Policy resources
With this update, we revised the layout of our ads policies. We also provided additional detail about advertisements that are prohibited or restricted on Twitter. We encourage all advertisers to take a moment to review our updated resources.
Have questions or feedback about something on this page?
If you are an advertiser whose account or Tweets are under review and you would like to check on the status or request an expedited review, click here to file a support ticket.
If you are interested in advertising on Twitter and want to learn more, please visit business.twitter.com.