This policy applies to Twitter’s paid advertising products.
What's the policy?
Twitter prohibits the promotion of weapons and weapon accessories globally.
Examples of weapons and weapon accessories include:
- Guns, including airsoft guns, air guns, blow guns, paintball guns, antique guns, replica guns, and imitation guns
- Gun parts and accessories, including gun mounts, grips, magazines, and ammunition
- Rental of guns (other than from shooting ranges)
- Stun guns, taser guns, mace, pepper spray, or other similar self defense weapons
- Swords, machetes, and other edged/bladed weapons
- Explosives, bombs, and bomb making supplies and/or equipment
- Fireworks, flamethrowers, and other pyrotechnic devices
- Knives, including butterfly knives, fighting knives, switchblades, disguised knives, and throwing stars
What do advertisers need to know about this policy?
Review our guidelines and make sure you understand the requirements for your brand and business. You are responsible for all your promoted content on Twitter. This includes complying with applicable laws and regulations regarding advertisements.
If you are an advertiser whose account or Tweets are under review and you would like to check on the status or request an expedited review, please log in to ads.twitter.com and file a support ticket using the Help button in the top right corner of your ads dashboard.