This policy applies to Twitter’s paid advertising products.
What’s the policy?
Twitter prohibits the promotion of tobacco products, accessories, and brands globally.
Examples of tobacco products, accessories, and branding include:
- Tobacco of any kind, including chewing tobacco and imitations
- All cigarettes, including alternatives which imitate the act of smoking
- Tobacco pipes, rolling papers, and filters
- Cigar bars and hookah lounges
- Tobacco manufacturers
- Events sponsored by tobacco manufacturers
What other Twitter resources relate to this policy?
Prohibited content for minors
What do advertisers need to know about this policy?
Review our guidelines and make sure you understand the requirements for your brand and business. You are responsible for all your promoted content on Twitter. This includes complying with applicable laws and regulations regarding advertisements.
If you are an advertiser whose account or Tweets are under review and you would like to check on the status or request an expedited review, please log in to ads.twitter.com and file a support ticket using the Help button in the top right corner of your ads dashboard.