This policy applies to Twitter’s paid advertising products.
What's the policy?
- Twitter prohibits the advertising of malware products globally.
- Any software downloaded by a user via Twitter must comply with the following requirements:
- Have a clear process of installation
- Have the express consent of users to software bundling
- Protect user privacy and provide upfront disclosure on information sharing
- Have transparent and user expected application behaviours
- Not have any excluded, prohibited and dangerous application functionality
- Be easy to remove
Examples of malware products include:
- Illegal hacking devices
- Links which engage in phishing
- Software that compromises user safety and results in an unexpected or deceptive experience.
What do advertisers need to know about this policy?
Review our guidelines and make sure you understand the requirements for your brand and business. You are responsible for all your software and applications that are distributed through Twitter. This includes complying with applicable laws and regulations regarding advertisements.
If you are an advertiser whose account or Tweets are under review and you would like to check on the status or request an expedited review, please log in to ads.twitter.com and file a support ticket using the Help button in the top right corner of your ads dashboard.