This policy applies to monetization on X and X’s paid advertising products.
What's the policy?
To ensure that customers have a positive experience on X, advertisements must adhere to the following guidelines and comply with all applicable consumer and regulatory content standards and guidelines.
- Ads, including the ad creative, ad copy, ad images, ad videos, and ad call-to-action (CTA) should be consistent with the brand or product being promoted.
- Ads text should use correct grammar and spelling.
- Ads should avoid punctuation mistakes, excessive use of capitalization, symbols or spaces in hashtags.
- Ads should avoid images, video or animations that are gimmicky, excessively cropped, or indecipherable.
- Ads should not contain disruptive content resulting in unexpected user experiences, aggressive flashing/effects or loud noises.
- The landing page’s primary purpose cannot be advertising; it should be directly relevant to what is being advertised in the ad creative.
- The landing page must link to a working page and should be compliant with all ads policies.
- The landing page should not contain disruptive pop ups, or automatic downloads.
What do advertisers need to know about this policy?
Review our guidelines and make sure you understand the requirements for your brand and business. You are responsible for all your promoted content on X. This includes complying with applicable laws and regulations regarding advertisements.
If you are an advertiser whose account or Posts are under review and you would like to check on the status or request an expedited review, please log in to ads.x.com and file a support ticket using the Help button in the top right corner of your ads dashboard.