This policy applies to Twitter’s paid advertising products.
What's the policy?
To ensure that customers have a positive experience on Twitter, advertisements must adhere to the following editorial guidelines:
Content, clarity, and accuracy
- Ads should represent the brand or product being promoted.
Ads should not mislead customers into interacting with content by including exaggerated, sensationalized, misleading, or inaccurate language or calls to action.
- Customer Bio URL
- Advertisers must include a functioning URL in their bio. This cannot be a link to their Twitter profile.
- The content of the URL in their bio must also be compliant with all ads policies.
- Destination URL
- The destination URL’s primary purpose cannot be advertising; it should contain quality, original content and be directly relevant to what is being advertised in the ad copy.
- The destination URL must link to a working page and should be compliant with all ads policies.
- The destination URL should not contain disruptive pop ups, automatic downloads, or non-functioning features.
- For more details, please visit URL requirements for advertising.
- Ad text should use correct grammar and spelling.
- Excessive use of capitalization, punctuation, or symbols is prohibited.
- Avoid punctuation, symbols, and spaces in hashtags.
- Advertisers must include a profile photo and header photo on their profile page.
- Avoid images or animations that are gimmicky, misleading, excessively cropped, indecipherable, or which are otherwise of low editorial quality.
- Video used in Twitter Ads must meet the technical requirements as specified on the creative tool page.
- Video and audio in Twitter Ads must be of clear quality, and the information and media appearing in the content must be clearly understandable and relevant to the product or service being advertised.
- Video and audio in Twitter Ads should not use excessive effects to circumvent the Twitter ads policies.
- Video content should be suitable for all customers.
What other Twitter resources relate to this policy?
URL Requirements for Advertising
What do advertisers need to know about this policy?
Review our guidelines and make sure you understand the requirements for your brand and business. You are responsible for all your promoted content on Twitter. This includes complying with applicable laws and regulations regarding advertisements.
If you are an advertiser whose account or Tweets are under review and you would like to check on the status or request an expedited review, please log in to ads.twitter.com and file a support ticket using the Help button in the top right corner of your ads dashboard.