Per our Political Content Policy, news publishers who meet the following criteria may run ads that reference political content, candidates, political parties, or elected or appointed government officials, but may not include advocacy for or against those topics.
- Contact information is available on their website.
- “About” information is available on their website.
- Dedicated reporter/editorial staff information is available on their website.
- The publication has a searchable archive available on their website.
- The publication is not primarily a customer-generated or aggregated content platform.
- The publication is dedicated to publishing news.
- The publication is not dedicated to advocating on a single issue.
- The publication’s website meets either of the following:
- To advertise globally, the publication’s website must have at least 3 million monthly unique visitors worldwide.
- To advertise within a particular country, the publication’s website must have at least 100,000 monthly unique visitors.
News publishers must self-identify and meet the above criteria for this exemption to apply.
An organization’s status as a “news publisher” is based solely on the criteria described in this policy, and does not constitute an endorsement by X of the views espoused by that organization.
News publishers remain subject to our Ads Policies, including but not limited to the prohibition on advocacy for or against political content. X may decide to revoke a news publisher’s exemption at any point for violating X’s Ads Policies, Terms of Service or Rules.