This policy applies to Twitter’s paid advertising products.
What's the policy?
Twitter prohibits the promotion of drugs and drug paraphernalia.
Examples of drugs and drug paraphernalia include:
- Illegal drugs
- Recreational and herbal drugs
- Accessories associated with drug use
- Drug dispensaries
- Depictions of hard drug use
How does this policy vary from country to country?
This is a global prohibition, except for the country specific exemptions below:
We permit approved cannabis advertisers to target Canada, subject to the following restrictions:
- Advertisers must be licensed by Health Canada and pre-authorized by Twitter
- Advertisers may only promote informational or brand-preference content
- Advertisers may only target jurisdictions in which they are licensed to promote these products or services online. For example, advertisers may not promote such content online in Quebec or to Quebec residents
- Advertisers are responsible for complying with all laws and regulations. In general, advertisers are prohibited from promoting cannabis content: