Announcing Twitter’s rebranded advertising product suite
We’re excited to announce that we’ve rebranded our advertising product suite in order to simplify and create clarity around Twitter’s ad product offerings. We heard from advertisers that we should use clearer, more straightforward language that better aligns with what they expect when it comes to advertising — and we embarked on a journey to do exactly that.
After an extensive discovery and research process, we have recategorized and rebranded our entire ad suite. We have gone from 22+ individual ad format names to just 5 advertising categories with a corresponding suite of features that can be applied across them.
The new categories are:
- Promoted Ads: These formats can feature images, videos, and various ad features. They can be used in multiple ways across each stage of the marketing funnel.
- Follower Ads: This format can be used to promote an account to a targeted audience to build awareness and attract new followers.
- Twitter Amplify: With Twitter Amplify advertisers can align their ads with premium video content from the most relevant publishers.
- Twitter Takeover: This category includes the most premium, mass-reach placements that drive results across the funnel by taking over the Timeline and Explore tab.
- Twitter Live: With Twitter Live, advertisers can broadcast their biggest moments to the world, and allow an audience to join in real-time.
Within each of those 5 categories, we have identified sub-categories that are specific formats that an advertiser can choose to run for a campaign or add to a media plan. For example:
- Twitter Takeover is our category of takeover products →Timeline Takeover, Trend Takeover, and Trend Takeover+ are the individual products that fall under that category → Twitter Ad Features, such as a Branded Hashtag can be added to these individual products to increase the reach and engagement of a campaign.
These changes represent a significant consolidation, and we’re confident it will make it even easier for advertisers to launch something new and connect with what’s happening on Twitter. Here’s a simplified look at our new and revamped ad suite:
Where will I see these changes?
These changes will not happen all at once — you’ll see our previous product names being phased out over the next several months. The updated names are already reflected in our new Tweet Composer, and we’re continuing to improve our Ads Manager experience, which paired with these changes, will make it easier to set-up and manage campaigns. We’re excited about how these changes will make it easier for advertisers and professionals to participate in the public conversation and can’t wait to see what you all do!
Tweet @TwitterBusiness to let us know what you think!