- Infographic: Holiday shopping on Twitter
- 4 things to Tweet about this Halloween
- 5 influencer marketing myths holding your growth strategy back
- What businesses around the world can learn from Japan
- Device and conquer: Global consumers let their fingers do the shopping
- 5 ways marketers are building better brands
- 5 ways to increase your Tweet engagements with emojis
- 4 steps that drive success with personal branding
- How to create and use hashtags
- How valuable are your followers?
- 3 ways to tap into trending topics on Twitter
- How to: Advanced search on Twitter
- How Quick Promote can get you noticed on Twitter
- See successful followers campaigns
- Top hashtags and keywords to use for Halloween
- 4 ways businesses can use Twitter Polls
- How to get your Twitter profile ready for the holidays
- The holiday marketing calendar you need
- How a retail company increased holiday sales with Twitter
- Have your holiday questions answered by the experts
- How a startup found success with Twitter Ads
- 6 things to Tweet about this Thanksgiving
- What to Tweet about this fall
- How to use Twitter to increase foot traffic
- How to prepare your business for Cyber Monday
- How to tap into mobile trends and increase in-store holiday purchases
- How to create stand-out Twitter Ads this holiday season
- Small Business Saturday checklist: How to get your business ready
- Top hashtags and keywords to use for Thanksgiving 2016
- The top 10 trends driving marketing in 2017
- See how to reply to customers on Twitter
- #TweetHour recap: How to stand out during the holidays
- What to Tweet this winter holiday season
- How to: Make a Twitter Moment that shows off your year
- 5 tips to make your holiday promotions stand out
- How to incorporate video into your content strategy
- See how to Tweet about gift giving holidays
- Recap: Twitter Ads experts answer your campaign questions
- Top hashtags and keywords to use to bring in 2017
- 4 ways to use the New Year to promote your business
- Our favorite articles of 2016
- 10 tips for choosing the best graphic designer
- 3 ways to create a consistent visual brand on Twitter
10 tips for launching your first mobile app marketing campaign
Arrow down icon
- How to plan for success in 2017
- Periscope tips: a conversation with @BoopFashionista
- 5 ways to step up your brand in 2017
- How to do influencer marketing right in 2017
- Customer journey mapping: What you must know
- The secret to more effective paid campaigns? Better organic content.
- How to manage your Twitter Ads campaigns with Flightly
- February lineup: Your essential marketing calendar for the month
- #TweetHour recap: Building your personal brand
- What to Tweet this Valentine's Day
- 4 do's and don't's of Twitter images
- Want to build strong influencer relationships? Focus on ease and value
- Top hashtags and keywords to use for Valentine's Day
- Tips for entrepreneurs: A conversation with Larry Kim
- Courting an influencer
- 8 ways to energize your B2B content marketing strategy
- Interviewing marketing freelancers? Ask these 6 questions
- March lineup: Key dates to help plan your marketing campaigns
- Hidden Twitter tricks from a social media manager: the media library
- How brands can reach a second screen audience
- Meet the awareness campaign
- 6 things to Tweet this spring
- Spring clean your Twitter profile
- How better quality whitepapers can improve lead generation
- Top hashtags and keywords to use this spring
- It's now easier to manage the payments and billing of your Twitter Ads
- 5 Periscope tips for your brand
- #TweetHour recap: How to leverage influencer marketing trends
- How to use Tweet threads
- 5 tips for writing effective Twitter Ads copy
- How to use Periscope 360 for your brand
- How to spread your message with the awareness objective
- April lineup: Key dates to help plan your marketing campaigns
- 5 things to Tweet this Easter
- How to create evergreen content with lasting engagement
- What micro-influencers can do for your brand
- The psychology of shareable content
- Top hashtags and keyword to use for Easter
- 7 tricks to produce content on a budget
- Data-driven tips for B2B marketers on Twitter
- What is relationship marketing?
- Mobile shopping doesn't mean skipping the store
- Content marketing myths that businesses need to stop believing
- How to fill holes in your content calendar
- Are you ready to handle your next company crisis on Twitter?
- Who to follow for National Small Business Week
- Is your marketing strategy protected against changing buyer behavior?
- 6 articles to help you craft your Twitter strategy
- How to start a content marketing campaign with no money
- How to make announcements on Twitter that build engagement
- Twitter named one of the top trusted brands for social and digital marketing
- May lineup: Key dates to help plan your marketing campaigns
- 4 must-read articles for lean marketing teams
- What you can learn from your agency's social media feed
- 4 articles to help your brand succeed with smart design
- 5 things to Tweet this Mother's Day
- Top hashtags and keywords to use for Mother's Day
- 6 things to Tweet when attending a conference
- How to choose your hero stat
- Why goals matter to influencer marketing success
- 5 interesting ways to share your brand story
- 5 tips for more effective influencer marketing
- 5 things to Tweet this June
- Why you should focus on native and video advertising
- 7 tips for creating engaging content every day
- Before you hire a video production team, answer these important questions
- June lineup: Key dates to help plan your marketing campaigns
- Top hashtags and keywords to use this June
- Hidden Twitter tricks from a social media manager: Tweet scheduling
- 3 ways brands can harness video on Twitter
- How to use Twitter analytics to plan more impactful Tweets
- 5 things to Tweet this Father's Day
- 5 tips for responding to customer mentions on Twitter
- Is your company giving video the love it deserves?
- Top hashtags and keywords to use for Father's Day
- What people want out of video content
- 3 ways to incorporate video into your everyday content
- Brand yourself — personal branding for business owners
- #TweetHour recap: How to incorporate video on Twitter
- 3 data-driven, engagement boosting ideas for lifestyle brands
- Need Tweet ideas? Here are 6 things to Tweet this July
- Repurposing your influencer marketing content for maximum value
- 5 data-driven tips for scroll stopping video
- Short video content: Creating a strategy for snackable videos
- July lineup: Key dates to help plan your marketing campaigns
- Top hashtags and keywords to use this July
- #TweetHour recap: How to produce engaging video
- Video success story: MailChimp
- Need blog post ideas for your business?
- Creative, less-than-obvious ideas to promote your whitepaper on Twitter
- 3 reasons videos capture Twitter's mobile audience
- How do I create a blog editorial calendar that works?
- How to tighten up your content marketing strategy during a slow summer
- How to improve your Direct Message conversations with customers
- 7 articles to help you craft the perfect Twitter Video strategy
- How ClassPass does customer service replies
- 7 blog post ideas that will engage your readers every time
- August lineup: Key dates to help plan your marketing campaigns
- 6 tips for nailing your chatbot content strategy
- How to create personas and map content to the buyer journey
- 6 PR trends to check out in 2018
- 5 demand generation problems B2B marketers should be prepared for
- Organize your Twitter strategy around content pillars
- Artificial Intelligence: Terms marketers need to know
- Get help with Twitter Ads
- How often should I publish content? Content marketers on their cadences
- How to promote your Twitter chat
- 5 Twitter content formats that influence purchase behavior
- Customer care: 7 ways to provide stellar customer service on social media
- September lineup: Key dates for Twitter marketers
- Defining your brand voice with Tweets
- Q&A: HelloFresh's Sr. Social Media Manager shares tips on developing your social strategy
- 10 creative ways to repurpose your data visualizations
- August roundup: Creative Tweet examples and marketing campaigns
- The do's and don’ts of hashtags
- Email marketing strategies to drive ROI
- How to align Twitter content to your marketing objectives
- A thank you to our community
- Q&A: How fashion start-up Rothy's uses Twitter to drive brand awareness
- How to say more with short Tweets
- 3 reasons content is still king in the age of influencer marketing
- Get to know your followers with Twitter audience insights
- The 6 essential elements of an effective marketing strategy
- October lineup: Key dates for Twitter marketers
- Everything you need to know about Twitter Moments
- 3 ways to build a brand narrative with short-form content
- September roundup: Creative Tweet examples and marketing campaigns
- 7 key steps to choosing the right social media influencer
- Q&A: How Sticker Mule creates Tweets that drive engagement
- The most important media and PR trends for 2018
- How to build an editorial calendar that gets results
- 5 brands that created Tweets for omni-channel marketing campaigns
- How to use GIFs to strengthen your brand
- 9 ways to turn ebooks into fresh content
- 3 things to consider when planning your 2018 ad budget
- Create a successful content marketing strategy
- Do you have a goal for your marketing email
- 5 effective ways conference presenters can use Twitter
- #TweetHour recap: Content Marketing Institute shares blogging tips for B2B marketers
- Q&A: How InVision uses Twitter Ads for event marketing
- 7 ways to create Tweets that support your omni-channel marketing
- November lineup: Key dates for Twitter marketers
10 tips for launching your first mobile app marketing campaign
Does that mean every business needs an app? Not really. Does it mean that if you have an app, you should be striving to get it in front of the people it’s going to benefit most? Definitely.
Here are ten tips to help you in launching your first mobile app marketing campaign.
Build an app that’s genuinely useful and free of snags
Before you think about marketing your app (or even making it), it’s critical you get the basics right.
Ask yourself this:
Why are you building this app? Because it fills a genuine need? Or because you’ve been told “Apps are the future (or the present)”?
That last bit might be true (we already know that 90% of mobile content is consumed via apps), but there’s still little point in building an app if it doesn’t have a real purpose.
If it’s an alternative to your website, but doesn’t offer anything your website does not, you might be wasting your time.
It’s also key that your app is free of snags that impact usability (or as close to free of snags as you can get – there are always bound to be a few problems that don’t surface until the app’s on the market).
Key issues to watch out for include:
- The app closing without request (or warning).
- The app taking too long to respond.
- The app slowing the performance of the rest of the device.
Create a detailed strategy
All marketing efforts should be preceded by a detailed strategy that includes specific, measurable goals, and a dated plan that details how you hope to achieve those goals, and by when.
Points you’ll want to consider will probably include (but won’t be limited to):
- Pricing – what will your app cost, and how much, if necessary, can you afford to cut the price?
- What accompanying content are you going to create for your app? Are you going to build a microsite, or are you going to add a landing page to your current site? Who’s going to be responsible for designing and developing this content?
- Exactly which strategies are you going to employ for marketing your app and who’s going to be responsible for managing each of them?
- Who will have the responsibility of overseeing the entire project?
Optimize your app store listing
App store optimization (or ASO) is the process of optimizing your mobile app to help it rank more prominently in the app store (or stores). Just as with internet search engines, the higher up your app appears for a given keyword, the more visible it is and, hopefully, the more people will download it.
Effective ASO necessitates that you understand the keywords your target customers are using to find apps like yours. Tools like Mobile Action and Sensor Tower can assist with this (and with most aspects of ASO).
Once you know which keywords your target customers are using, the trick lies in including them in the right places – primarily, in your app’s title and description.
Those are the basics of ASO. You have full control over those things, so it’s important to get them right.
Number of downloads and reviews also affect ASO. This bit is trickier because you don’t have complete control; far from it. But, if you do a good job of marketing your app and include a gameplan for enticing reviews (see below), you
This article was written by Sujan Patel from Forbes and was legally licensed through the NewsCred publisher network.The views expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect those of Twitter or its affiliates.