- Infographic: Holiday shopping on Twitter
- 4 things to Tweet about this Halloween
- 5 influencer marketing myths holding your growth strategy back
- What businesses around the world can learn from Japan
- Device and conquer: Global consumers let their fingers do the shopping
- 5 ways marketers are building better brands
- 5 ways to increase your Tweet engagements with emojis
- 4 steps that drive success with personal branding
- How to create and use hashtags
- How valuable are your followers?
- 3 ways to tap into trending topics on Twitter
- How to: Advanced search on Twitter
- How Quick Promote can get you noticed on Twitter
- See successful followers campaigns
- Top hashtags and keywords to use for Halloween
- 4 ways businesses can use Twitter Polls
- How to get your Twitter profile ready for the holidays
- The holiday marketing calendar you need
- How a retail company increased holiday sales with Twitter
- Have your holiday questions answered by the experts
- How a startup found success with Twitter Ads
- 6 things to Tweet about this Thanksgiving
- What to Tweet about this fall
- How to use Twitter to increase foot traffic
- How to prepare your business for Cyber Monday
- How to tap into mobile trends and increase in-store holiday purchases
- How to create stand-out Twitter Ads this holiday season
- Small Business Saturday checklist: How to get your business ready
- Top hashtags and keywords to use for Thanksgiving 2016
- The top 10 trends driving marketing in 2017
- See how to reply to customers on Twitter
- #TweetHour recap: How to stand out during the holidays
- What to Tweet this winter holiday season
- How to: Make a Twitter Moment that shows off your year
- 5 tips to make your holiday promotions stand out
- How to incorporate video into your content strategy
- See how to Tweet about gift giving holidays
- Recap: Twitter Ads experts answer your campaign questions
- Top hashtags and keywords to use to bring in 2017
- 4 ways to use the New Year to promote your business
- Our favorite articles of 2016
- 10 tips for choosing the best graphic designer
- 3 ways to create a consistent visual brand on Twitter
- 10 tips for launching your first mobile app marketing campaign
- How to plan for success in 2017
- Periscope tips: a conversation with @BoopFashionista
- 5 ways to step up your brand in 2017
- How to do influencer marketing right in 2017
- Customer journey mapping: What you must know
- The secret to more effective paid campaigns? Better organic content.
- How to manage your Twitter Ads campaigns with Flightly
- February lineup: Your essential marketing calendar for the month
- #TweetHour recap: Building your personal brand
- What to Tweet this Valentine's Day
- 4 do's and don't's of Twitter images
- Want to build strong influencer relationships? Focus on ease and value
- Top hashtags and keywords to use for Valentine's Day
- Tips for entrepreneurs: A conversation with Larry Kim
- Courting an influencer
- 8 ways to energize your B2B content marketing strategy
- Interviewing marketing freelancers? Ask these 6 questions
- March lineup: Key dates to help plan your marketing campaigns
- Hidden Twitter tricks from a social media manager: the media library
- How brands can reach a second screen audience
- Meet the awareness campaign
- 6 things to Tweet this spring
- Spring clean your Twitter profile
- How better quality whitepapers can improve lead generation
- Top hashtags and keywords to use this spring
- It's now easier to manage the payments and billing of your Twitter Ads
5 Periscope tips for your brand
Arrow down icon
- #TweetHour recap: How to leverage influencer marketing trends
- How to use Tweet threads
- 5 tips for writing effective Twitter Ads copy
- How to use Periscope 360 for your brand
- How to spread your message with the awareness objective
- April lineup: Key dates to help plan your marketing campaigns
- 5 things to Tweet this Easter
- How to create evergreen content with lasting engagement
- What micro-influencers can do for your brand
- The psychology of shareable content
- Top hashtags and keyword to use for Easter
- 7 tricks to produce content on a budget
- Data-driven tips for B2B marketers on Twitter
- What is relationship marketing?
- Mobile shopping doesn't mean skipping the store
- Content marketing myths that businesses need to stop believing
- How to fill holes in your content calendar
- Are you ready to handle your next company crisis on Twitter?
5 Periscope tips for your brand
Live video is becoming a central piece of what's happening on Twitter. In fact, 110 years worth of live video is watched daily on Periscope.*
Periscope gives your audience real-time access to important moments and behind-the-scenes content. By creating Periscopes of industry events, special launches, or product tutorials, you can give people a sneak peek of what your business is really like.
We know that getting started with live content may feel a bit overwhelming. How do I prepare for a broadcast? What tools should I use? These five tips will help your brand create standout live content with Periscope in no time.
If you're planning a broadcast in advance, be sure to Tweet about your Periscopes a few days before to create buzz and reach a wide audience. When starting the broadcast, don’t forget to share the link on Twitter.
@JCUAdmission's Tweets about their upcoming broadcast.
Prepare your set up
Whether you’re broadcasting a live event or a hosting a Q&A, it's important to make sure you have high production quality before you #GoLive.
Here a few of our top tips to prepare your set up:
- Test your audio and ensure you have quality sound
- Avoid filming in areas with heavy background noise
- Use a tripod or steady hand to make sure your camera isn't shaky
- Make sure your phone is charged for the broadcast
Remember that viewers expect real-time action from a Periscope rather than a polished performance. Be yourself — there’s no need to over-rehearse or memorize a script before broadcasting.
Use Periscope Producer
Periscope Producer is a way for your brand to broadcast live from devices beyond a phone or tablet. With Producer, you can stream high-quality live video from external sources, including professional cameras, hardware encoders, and streaming software, on Periscope and Twitter. Just like any other broadcast on Periscope, viewers can send comments and hearts, and watch live in the Periscope and Twitter apps as well as on the web at Periscope.tv.
Check out @Alexpettitt's Periscope to see Producer in action.
Choose a catchy title
Your broadcast title let's your viewers know what to expect from your content. Be sure your broadcast title is relevant, descriptive, and versatile enough for use during the live event and immediately after. Try using emojis in your titles to help make your broadcast stand out.
Makeup brand @tartecosmetics uses a concise and catchy title to capture their audience's attention.
Capture attention quickly
Remember that live video autoplays in the timeline, which means brands need to capture attention quickly. Viewers decide whether to keep watching or log off in the first few seconds in a live broadcast. Avoid long start times, drawn out countdowns, or significant periods of lag to keep people engaged in your broadcast.
@MontereyAq starts their broadcast with a playful shot of sea otters.
Now you’re ready to start creating impactful Periscopes. If you want to get your feet wet, consider sharing a private broadcast to start. Remember that the key is continuing to live broadcast, and to use learnings and feedback to create more compelling Periscope content. Have fun, and watch the hearts fly!
Want to show us a Periscope you created for your brand? We'd love to see it! Send us a Tweet @TwitterBusiness.