Enabling you to have 1-1 conversations with customers at scale
Learn more about Branded Notifications
What are Branded Notifications?
Branded Notifications enable advertisers to have 1-1 conversations at scale, delivering time-triggered, automated @mention Tweets directly to opted-in users at the moments that matter most.
Advertisers configure and launch Branded Notifications campaign using Arrow, a third-party autoresponse platform developed by IC Group in collaboration with Twitter Next.
How do Branded Notifications work?
Invite your audience to like (or ️) a call-to-action (CTA) Tweet to receive high-value content from your brand. Use Arrow to craft, schedule, and publish the CTA Tweet(s), then promote the CTA Tweet(s) to your audience with Twitter Ads Manager.
Arrow uses Twitter’s APIs to listen for opt-in engagements and publish automated notification Tweets on behalf of the brand @handle as personalized @mention Tweets addressed to each opted-in user.
Branded Notifications are available in three campaign formats:
Scheduled Notification campaigns deliver an instant opt-in notification Tweet and single scheduled notification Tweet to each opted-in person.
Subscription Notifications campaigns deliver an instant opt-in notification Tweet and multiple scheduled notification Tweets to each opted-in person.
Instant Notification campaigns deliver an instant notification Tweet to each opted-in person.
Additional and more complex campaign formats, such as high volume, time-sensitive notification Tweets for Live Event tune-in or influencer CTA Tweets, are available to advertisers working with Twitter Next. Contact your Account Manager for more details.
Branded Notifications CTA and notification Tweets follow Twitter's standard Promoted Ad specs. Arrow enables advertisers to use the following ad formats in CTA and notification Tweets:
- Standalone Image and Video Ads
- Image and Video Ads with Web Button
- Image and Video Ads with App Button
- Image and Video Carousel Ads with Web Button (single destination)
- Image and Video Carousel Ads with App Button (single destination)
- Image and Video Ads with Conversation Button
- Moment Ads
When should I use Branded Notifications?
- To recontact followers who demonstrate interest with upper-funnel tactics
To reinforce important dates or moments, like the launch of a new product
To create a more personal connection with your most-interested customers at scale
To capture energy or interest in high-value content
To enable conversations at scale with thousands of automated, direct @mentions to customers
To deliver high-impact notifications with attention-grabbing, lock-screen notifications for those accessing Twitter on mobile with enabled notifications
- To capture attention in the timeline and drive engagement with personalized and direct 1-1 touchpoints and @mentions
Best practices for Branded Notifications campaigns
- Branded Notifications are most effective when there’s an existing customer need, and you have something to address that need.
- Be exclusive. Promote content, an offer, or access that people can't get elsewhere.
- Be timely. Connect to what's happening in the moment and deliver limited, time-bound relevance with information people need to know at a specific moment.
- Be clear in your messaging. Your CTA Tweet should be simple and convey a compelling value exchange. People should know exactly what they're getting, and when.
- Be valuable. Present content, an offer, or access that people care about and have existing equity or awareness of.
- Include a visual call-to-action into your CTA Tweet media to drive your audience to take action and opt-in.
- Capture your audience's attention by using a heart emoji (️) to represent the 'like' action in your CTA Tweet copy.
- Promote your CTA Tweet with the engagements objective in the Twitter Ads campaign to maximize opt-ins, as this will make likes and Retweets billable engagements.
Branded Notifications are currently available to all managed advertisers in the US and Canada. Branded Notifications are also available to global advertisers working with Twitter Next. Consult with your Twitter Account Manager to learn more.
Branded Notifications must adhere to the Twitter Rules, Twitter Ads Policies, and Automation Rules.
Only public Twitter accounts can opt-in to a Branded Notifications campaign.
Advertisers must grant a third-party automation platform (Arrow by IC Group) access to their Twitter account using Twitter OAuth.
Advertisers must have a verified Twitter account to use Branded Notifications.
Twitter Ads Manager provides full metrics for the Promoted CTA Tweet, but metrics are limited for notification Tweets.
App or device notifications for notification Tweets (@mentions) may be disabled by users' personal device or account settings.