PUBLISHER AGREEMENT (ADS IN TIMELINES)
This Publisher Agreement (“Publisher Agreement”) is made between you (either an individual or an entity, referred to herein as “you” or “Publisher”) and Twitter, Inc. (“Twitter”), and supplements and incorporates the terms of the existing Developer Agreement and Policy (“Developer Agreement”) entered between you and Twitter. This Publisher Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions between you and Twitter associated with the display of advertising on your website or service in connection with Twitter Technology made available to you under the Developer Agreement (your “Twitter Timeline”). Twitter may amend these terms at any time, and will attempt to notify you of any material changes. By continuing to display advertising in your Twitter Timeline following any changes, you agree to be bound by the updated terms.
1. Incorporated Terms. By entering this Publisher Agreement, you represent and warrant that you have agreed to the terms of the Developer Agreement and Policy, located at https://dev.twitter.com/overview/terms/agreement-and-policy. Those terms are incorporated by reference in this Publisher Agreement.
2. Display of Advertisements. Twitter (or its service provider) may deliver advertisements as part of your Twitter Timeline. You may not insert advertisements into your Twitter Timeline by any other means. The format and placement of advertisements is within Twitter’s sole discretion. You agree to configure your Timeline to allow for the display of such advertisements, and that you will not take steps to block or otherwise inhibit the display of delivered advertisements. Your Twitter Timeline height will be set at a minimum pixel height of 700 pixels and width of 300 pixels, allowing full visibility of the second Tweet in your Twitter Timeline. Your Twitter Timeline will comply with Twitter Display Requirements at https://developer.twitter.com/en/developer-terms/display-requirements.html and https://dev.twitter.com/web/embedded-timelines.
3. Publisher Representations and Warranties. You represent and warrant that (a) your Timeline will not be displayed on a site that is directed to the EU, or to an audience that consists primarily of EU residents; (b) you will not embed or otherwise display your Twitter Timeline on a government website; (c) you will provide your end users with clear and comprehensive information about, and obtain consent to, the storing and accessing of cookies or other information on the end user’s device, as described at https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-cookies, where providing such information and obtaining such consent is required by law; (d) you will provide your end users with legally sufficient notice of, and obtain consent to, Twitter and its service providers’ collection and use of data about your end users browsing activities on your website, including for interest-based advertising and personalization; (e) you will provide legally sufficient instructions on how your end users can opt out of Twitter’s interest-based advertising and personalization as described at https://help.twitter.com/en/twitter-for-websites-ads-info-and-privacy; (f) you will not introduce viruses or other malware into the software enabling the Twitter Timeline; (g) your use of the Twitter Timeline will not infringe any third party intellectual property rights; (h) your use of the Twitter Timeline will comply with all applicable laws; and (i) in compliance with the applicable United States Digital Advertising Alliance Self-Regulatory Principles published at www.aboutads.info/principles, you will (i) provide users with legally sufficient notice of, and obtain legally-required informed consent from users regarding your collection, sharing, and use of such user data, (ii) provide users with legally sufficient instructions on how such users can opt of your data collection and use; and (iii) comply with all such opt outs.
4. Revenue Share. Twitter will pay you a percentage of the gross revenue received from the display of advertisements in your Twitter Timeline. Gross revenue is the revenue collected from the advertiser less any fees imposed or collected by Twitter’s service providers. Fees due to you will be paid in U.S. Dollars and calculated on the last day of each month during the term of this Publisher Agreement, and will be paid to you within 60 days, but only if the amount due to you is in excess of $100.00. Payment processing services and reporting may be provided to you by a third party and may be subject to additional terms.
5. No Liability for Advertisements. You agree that neither Twitter nor its service providers have any liability whatsoever for the content of advertisements delivered to you under this Agreement.
6. Ads Policies and Restrictions. You will not participate in this program if your site, or the page(s) on which you display your Twitter Timeline, primarily markets, promotes, types of content that are restricted/prohibited by the Twitter Ads policies found at https://business.twitter.com/en/help/ads-policies/introduction-to-twitter-ads/twitter-ads-policies.html.
7. Termination or Suspension. This Publisher Agreement will remain in effect unless terminated by either party, or unless your rights under the Twitter Developer Agreement are terminated for any reason. Twitter and Publisher have the right to terminate the agreement with three (3) days written notice. Notice to Twitter may be sent to email@example.com. Notice to Publisher may be sent electronically to the contact email provided in connection with this Publisher Agreement. Twitter may immediately suspend the delivery of advertisements to Publisher if Twitter believes the company or an advertisement has violated its policies.
8. Indemnification of SSPs. You will indemnify and defend the service providers that assist Twitter in managing and serving ads on the Twitter Timeline against any third-party claims arising out of your breach of Section 3 of this Publisher Agreement.