Promoted Accounts are ad units that are included in Followers campaigns on Twitter. They enable you to quickly build your community of followers by getting your account in front of more users who are likely to be interested in your business.
When someone follows you on Twitter, you gain a chance to engage with that person over time. Each time you engage with your followers, you create new opportunities for them to share content, make purchases or tell others about their positive experiences with your business.
How does it work?
- Start by writing a short description that explains why someone should follow your account. For example, you can call out the great content that you’re tweeting out on a regular basis. Make sure that you also include your business logo and a strong call to action.
- Once you create your Promoted Account, reach the people who are most likely to be interested in your business and therefore, more likely to want to follow your account. For example, you can connect with users who are interested in broad categories related to your business, or users who are similar to the followers of influencers in your industry. You can also target people based on their location or gender.
- After you have defined these audiences, consider how you can tailor the messaging in your campaigns so that it is relevant for each group.
When you launch your Followers campaign, your Promoted Account will appear to the users you’ve targeted in the following places:
- Home timeline
- “Who to follow” widget on the right side of the Home and Notifications tabs
- “Who to follow” widget on the right side of the People search results page
- “Who to follow” widget on the right side of the Profile page